Join Our Team
For immediate consideration, please attach your cover letter and resume as one document.
Plat4orm is an established, virtual boutique PR agency, looking for a high-energy Director to join our team. We specialize in the B2B technology sector working with a range of clients, from emerging startups to market leaders.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in PR with a strong focus on media relations. This includes a proven ability to identify story opportunities, develop pitches, build and manage media relationships (particularly tech and business press), and a track record of successfully securing earned media placements. A knowledge of the technology and/or legal industry is essential – interest and knowledge of the legal, security and regulatory technology industries is a bonus.
Plat4orm team members work remotely for much of the time. As such, candidates should be self-starters with a strong ability to take ownership for actions and results, have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits as well as a flexible work schedule. This is a full-time position.
- Develop multi-channel communications plans for B2B technology companies and professional services companies
- Craft, manage, implement and convey clients’ messages through a full range of media outreach; cultivate effective relationships with mainstream news outlets on the local and national level
- Manage both the client and account teams for multiple clients—lead client calls and oversee media relations associates and other junior team members
- Write briefing materials including talking points, Q&As and statements
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for clients to assure goals are being met
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends, and demonstrate an understanding of how they integrate into communications programs
- Track coverage results and KPIs
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree minimum (English, communications or journalism preferred)
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience (ideally in an agency setting)
- Past experience managing clients and teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to quickly understand concepts across different vertical industries – experience in the legal or B2B technology industry is required
- A strong writer with excellent communication skills
- A problem-solver who can make decisions, take ownership and demonstrate initiative and accountability
- A results-driven team player who can work effectively and collegially with others via multiple mediums
- Experience working with law firms or legal tech companies
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- AGENCY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
If this opportunity sounds like a fit, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who do not submit cover letters will not be considered. We will make every effort to respond to each candidate.