Join Our Team
MEDIA RELATIONS Account EXECUTIVE
Media Relations Account Executive
Plat4orm PR is a virtual boutique PR agency, and we are looking for a high-energy media relations account executive to join our team. We specialize in the technology sector working with a range of clients, from emerging startups to market leaders.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in PR with a strong focus on media relations. This includes a proven ability to identify story opportunities, develop pitches, build and manage media relationships (particularly tech and business press), and a track record of successfully securing earned media placements. A knowledge of the technology industry is ideal – interest and knowledge of the legal, security and regulatory technology industries is a bonus.
Plat4orm team members work remotely for much of the time. As such, candidates should be self-starters with a strong ability to take ownership of projects and produce results, have strong organizational skills, and pay close attention to detail.
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits as well as a flexible work schedule. This is a full-time position.
- Manage media relations for multiple clients—research opportunities, create pitches, lead outreach and cultivate relationships
- Evaluate and manage inbound media requests
- Staff media interviews and provide spokesperson support
- Research and compile targeted media lists for different clients and campaigns
- Write briefing materials including talking points, Q&As and statements
- Liaise with clients to assist in meeting communications goals
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends, and demonstrate an understanding of how they integrate into communications programs
- Track coverage results and KPIs
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, communications or journalism major preferred)
- A minimum of five years media relations experience (ideally in an agency setting)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to quickly understand concepts across different vertical industries – experience in the legal or B2B technology industry and social media are a big plus
- A strong writer with excellent communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, take ownership and demonstrate initiative and accountability
- A results-driven team player who can work effectively and collegially with others via multiple mediums
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
If this opportunity sounds like a fit, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates who do not submit cover letters will not be considered. We will make every effort to respond to each candidate.